1.16.2012

Pork in Salsa Verde with Creamy Polenta

Here I mixed a bit of Mexican with a touch of Italian with a twist. I typically make my own salsa verde, but this time I bought for a quick fix. Plus store was out of decent tomatillos. I have no words for this dish..just that I moaned and repeated to feed myself..and moaned again. HERE MY MOAN! MMMMMmm! Was that ever good!! Mas..porfabor!


Pork in Salsa Verde
with Creamy Polenta


2.5 lbs Boneless Pork loin ribs (cubed)
1 medium onion (diced)
1 tbsp minced garlic
Salt & Pepper to taste
Chili Powder
Cumin Powder
16 oz. Jar of Salsa Verde
6 0z of water
Cilantro (Garnish optional..may chop up and add to salsa even though salsa already has some)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil to coat bottom of pan.

1 box of Polenta
Mexican Shredded Cheese
Cilantro
Salt & Pepper
Garlic Powder
Water or Broth

*For Polenta just follow box instructions. I added seasoning to water or broth and tasted to liking, then when started boiling add Polenta. Keep stirring for 5 minutes. It thickens quick so at this time add cheese and cilantro. Stir up well. Serve it up to dish. Make this last minute!!!! Hardens quick but soooo good!!

Pork in Salsa Verde:

1. Season cut up meat and season with salt, pepper, cumin powder and chili powder. Heat up pan with oil then add meat. Stirring and searing on each side. Add garlic and onion. Cook together covered for 15 minutes medium low. Stirring occasionally.

2. Add salsa verde and water. Give it a good stir and cover. Bring to a simmering low boil and leave it there for 10-15 minutes until pork is fork tender. Salsa will thicken a subtle bit. You may add cilantro now if you like.

I made the polenta last minute. Dished it up and topped with the pork. Polenta thicken and got stiff like a tamale consistency as it sat. Really..out of the park. I normally would make it with my homemade salsa verde which rocks, but this will do for the ones that don't like to cook much and want to buy minimal ingredients.

You can serve this pork with some spanish rice and beans or even soft corn tortillas. I always encourage to think outside the box as I do and just do what sounds good to your palette.

No comments:

Post a Comment