12.03.2011

Birthday Cupcakes


I made this for a special friend, Alisha. She has quite the personality, humorous, outgoing, sassy and sweet. I made these cupcakes because they remind me of a cocktail drink she makes, which by the way is sooo GOOD!!! It consists of some Cherry Liquor, Pineapple Juice and Sprite to top it off. YUMMO!!!...anyhow these are semi-homemade cup cakes. I am not a baker, I am cook! Remember that now. I do like creating, designing and enjoy decorating and of food even better!

Alisha's Cherry
Surprise Birthday Cupcakes

Cupcake:

Duncan Hines French Vanilla (follow instructions on box)
Hershey Kisses (Cherry Cordial)

Frosting:

2 4oz. Servings of Sugar Free Cheese Cake pudding
1/4 cup Powdered Sugar
2 cups Milk
1 8oz. tub of extra Creamy Cool Whip(thawed)
1 tsp. Coconut Extract
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract

Garnishments:
Gummy Cherries
mini cut straws and umbrellas to resemble cocktail
red sugar sprinkles
Foil baking cup liners

1. Follow instructions in making cupcakes. I baked mine in jumbo size foil cup liners. With these liners you do not have to put in muffin tin, just place on cookie sheet. Baked them for 10 minutes then inserted hershey kiss then continued baking for 10-12 minutes longer. Completely cool!!

2. In mixer, add pudding mix, milk, powdered sugar. Mix well for 1 minute or so then gently fold in cool whip. Add extracts and you may add food coloring at this time if you want to change color. I wanted to do a light lavender but didn't quite turn out. Ran out of red and I had too much frosting.

3. Frosted cupcakes and decorated. Since this frosting is pudding based and is majority dairy, I suggest chilling it until ready to serve. Any leftover frosting should be in fridge..but I highly doubt there will be any left, this is just as good as pudding. Mmmmmm

I made 24 of these and used majority of 2 cake mixes. These jumbo size are about 1 inch bigger than standard size. They were completely enjoyed by everyone. They were light and fluffy and moist. Mmmmmm...I take Vanilla over Chocolate any day!! Nom..Nom!!! Then you had the little surprise in the middle....a chocolate kiss. Muah!

Now I have other cupcake orders. Alisha wants wedding cupcakes!!! Think I need a commercial kitchen soon. Any donations will be gladly accepted and much appreciated. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment