3.08.2012

Pork Loin with Parsnips & Apples

Have I ever told you all how much I LOVE Parsnips? Well I am going to tell you now! I LOVE PARSNIPS!!! Come on now! Who can not love Parsnips! Its love at first taste. Mmmmmm..

Well to that I thought, what the heck cook up some apples jazz them up and make a little drizzle to go over the pork loin steaks. Complete comfort and really no guilt. Nothing to brag about. Just the thought of it teased me so I had to have it! Mmmm...mmmmm!


Pork Loin Steak with
bed of Parsnips
& cooked Apples

Pork Loin Steaks
Salt & Pepper
Thyme
Parsnips (Peeled and sliced)
Olive Oil
Butter
Minced Garlic
Apples (Peeled, Cored, Sliced)
Cinnamon
Ground Red Pepper
Chicken Stock
Sugar Free Maple Syrup....Oh yes!

1. Season Pork lightly with salt & pepper and thyme. Brown on both sides and remove from pan.

2. To same pan, add a little olive oil and a little butter or margarine. Melt butter and heat up. Add Parsnips season with salt and pepper, brown a bit and stir in minced garlic. Add enough water to just barely cover parsnips. Bring to a simmering boil covered. You can add herbs of preference to this. I love Sage with it.

3. After simmering for 5 minutes remove lid. Add pork loin back in and continue cooking at simmer until just about all the water is gone and parsnips are tender and pork is fully cooked.

4. Separate sauce pan, melt butter. Add apples and brown a little. Add cinnamon, ground red pepper give it a stir and pour in a little chicken stock. Just to give it some moisture. About 1/4 cup for a jumbo size apple. Bring that to a simmer and stirring. Add maple syrup and give that a good stir while simmering and remove from heat. I added an extra packet of Stevia..or sugar you can use. Cinnamon you add to your liking and ground red pepper to the degree of heat you want.

Just for fun I assembled a bed of stacked parsnips and rest pork loin on top. Assorted the apple slices and drizzled with the syrup from apples. WOW! Love them apples with that syrup! I would like that I think in some whole wheat crepes with toasted almonds in a vanilla custard whipped cream filling with almond extract flavoring. Something along the lines of that. I'm going to have to make that next!

So give the white carrot a try..Love on a Parsnip! You can't go wrong. Parsnips also a good source of Vitamin C, Folic Acid, which helps convert carbs into energy, also help prevent birth defects with women having babies. It has high soluble fiber which helps in lowering cholesterol and lowering blood sugar and it makes a great fat burning food. Its sweet without the extra calories. So trust me, if you love the Parsnip, it will love you back.

No comments:

Post a Comment