11.27.2011

Eggs: Simple & Satisfying

This was my breakfast today. Very simple, filling, healthy and I am content!


Scrambled Eggs with Tomato

1 Whole Egg
2 Egg Whites (less fat and cholesterol)
1 Roma Tomato (Sliced in half and cut into wedges)
Cholula hot sauce
Salt & Pepper
2 Soft yellow corn tortillas (El Milagro is my favorite)

1. Heat the pan and spray with nonstick spray. Save on the oil, less fat and calories. Beat eggs in a bowl and add to pan. Scramble as you normally do to make scrambled eggs. I think its best when the eggs are fluffy yet still have the natural moisture. If they start to take on any color they are over cooked and drying out. Not ideal.

2. Since my pan is wide enough, I scramble my small portion of eggs on one side and on other I heat tortillas. Warm them up on each side until soft and flexible. Will be hot to the touch.

3. Put tortillas on plate. At this point if you want cheese I recommend a white shredded cheese or queso fresco crumbled on the hot tortilla. I chose not to have cheese so I just add eggs to tortilla, add a generous amount of Cholula, top with tomato then add salt and pepper to the tomato. Simple and easy. Took me less than 5 minutes.


Eggs are becoming a big staple in my kitchen. I will buy a couple dozen at a time. Its great protein, versatile, can be enjoyed not just for breakfast but boiled and chopped and added to a salad, can pre boil some and leave in fridge and if ever need a quick protein snack munch on that. I tend to throw the majority of the yolks out, but I do enjoy them on occasion.

I have to say this presentation of eggs this morning is one of my all time favorites. Maybe with fresh pico de gallo. I also LOVE eggs over easy then add pico de gallo to the pan and have the eggs cook in that for a minute. I eat that over whole wheat toast. I have to say that one is the best!! Give it a try!


No comments:

Post a Comment