8.04.2010

Crash Hot Potatoes with Good Company

I saw this potato idea on the Pioneer Woman's cooking website. I added my own twists to it. It was quite enjoyable. I think I prefer mine a little crispier and next time with a little heat! I pan grilled a top round ranch steak to keep it company on the side along with a salad. Oh..for the record, I did NOT eat this plate. For presentation only. I did eat that salad though. Girl has to watch her waste line too.

Crash Hot Potatoes

1 lb of Small Red potatoes
Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper
Thyme
Parmesan Cheese
Shredded Colby Jack

1.Preheat oven to 375. Boil the potatoes until soft but yet quite firm. Drain and let cool. Press down with a potato masher ever so slightly. Enough for it to shape a patty without falling apart.

2. Put potatoes on cookie sheet and drizzle with Olive Oil, salt, pepper, Parmesan cheese, Thyme and shredded cheese. Bake in oven for 20-25 min until cheese is melted and if you want you can put it on broil a bit to get crispy.

Serve up with some good steak. You can make a dip for it or eat them with some sour cream as I did. Maybe put some chopped chives and crumbled bacon on top. Could be a twisted version of a twice "cooked" potato. Now for the Salad..see below!


Iceberg Wedge Salad

There is no secret to this. I believe its one of my favorite ways to serve up some boring ol Iceberg lettuce. You can make it as big as you want. I basically cut the head of lettuce in half and then in quarters. Put cut side up and drizzle with your favorite dressing and let it just run through the lettuce cracks. So yummy! Already planning on what salad to do next like this. It was quite enjoyable to eat like this. I didn't have to use much dressing and the little I used went far. YUM!


No comments:

Post a Comment