8.01.2010

Biggie Slim

This sandwich didn't go as planned. I initially was planning on adding other ingredients then changed my mine. It was enjoyed and you can't go wrong with some steak and cheese on some crusty bread.

Biggie Slim

Half a loaf of crusty Vienna Bread
Olive Oil
Hellman's Mayo
Romaine Lettuce
London Broil steak, thinly sliced (cooked medium well)
Grilled Onions
Grilled Green Bell Peppers
1/2 Avocado, sliced
4 oblong slices of Sweet Fried Plantains
2 Pepper Jack Cheese

*Earlier in the day we had company over, so I made a rub for the London Broil and rubbed it on after applying some Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Grilled it on a grilling pan about 5-6 min on each side, depending the thickness and how cooked you want. I then took it off the heat and let it rest before thinly slicing. Meanwhile I grilled the onions and peppers. I used these leftovers for the following recipe.

1. I sliced the bread open, but not all the way through. Warmed it up on a skillet on both sides then put olive oil in the inside and mayo. Added lettuce, avocado slices, little salt and pepper, steak, grilled onions and peppers, plantains and topped off with pepper jack cheese. I closed up the sandwich and returned to the griddle until everything was nice warm and melted. You may use a panini press if you wish. This bad boy was huge, so this was more convenient for me.

I then sliced it on an angle to make wedges. It was very good! I love our Cuban style sweet fried plantains with a good steak sandwich or burger. Just gives it that wow factor I like. Pepper Jack..perfect with its subtle heat tendencies. A definite try with any leftovers you may have. Mmmm..que rico!

No comments:

Post a Comment