2.19.2012

Feasting on Cuba


Tonight I had my Brother and my three nephews over for dinner. I created just one of favorite Cuban dishes. This is your typical staple meal in any Cuban home. It consists of...

White Rice
Stewed Cuban Black Beans
Bistec Frito with sauteed Onion
Sweet Fried Plantains
Tomato & Lettuce salad with Olive oil, Vinegar and Salt

I would love to give the recipe but, these are one of my killer dishes that I keep to myself until I can unveil.

I think having a Cuban restaurant, diner or cafe would rock and this will be one dish on there. Just like growing up, Sunday dinners at Abuela's house (Grandma). We would have a full spread. Just an overwhelming amount of food and it was incredible! I desire to retain every good memory I have with my Grandparents. In doing that I enjoy creating these dishes I grew up on and sharing them with everyone. I'm telling you, Cuban food..its the best out there! Hands down!

No comments:

Post a Comment