1.15.2011

Apple Butter Pecan Dump Cake


Anybody can make this! This is good for quick throw together or potluck dessert. Just give it a try..you can't go wrong! Plus it tastes so yummy!!!


Apple Butter Pecan
Dump Cake


1 Can of Crushed Pineapple
1 Can of Apple Pie filling ( you could add an extra can)
1 cup of Golden Raisins
1 tsp. Cinnamon
Maple Syrup to drizzle
1 box of Butter Pecan cake mix (you could use spice cake mix or carrot cake mix)
1 stick of butter (cut into thin slices)

1. Preheat oven to 350. Prep 9x13 by dumping the pineapple and apple filling, add raisins and cinnamon. I mix it up just a tad. Then drizzle with maple syrup on top.

2. Dump on the cake mix and spread evenly. Place thin slabs of butter all over surface. You may use more butter if needed. I just slice as thin as possible to spread out more. Once butter is covering surface, place pan in oven and bake for 1 hour.

Remove from oven and cool. Serve with ice cream, whip cream, or just its plain o self is good with me. I personally like mixing up the flavors. I've tried cherry pie filling with the pineapple. I always add the pineapple I just change out the fruit. I do like the cherry filling with a lemon cake mix on top. Give it a try. I found this on the Pioneer Woman's website. I just created my own version adding apple with raisins and maple syrup. Mmmmm...yummy! You can start smelling the sweetness of it during the last 15 minutes of baking. I've tried the White cake mix..not the greatest. Something extra sweet and starch about it. Well this was sounding good, but now my brother ordered deep dish pizza and my palette is in transition phase. Haha! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment