9.24.2010

Shrimp & Poblano Pepper Casserole

Initially I was going to make stuffed Poblano peppers with shrimp, beans and cheese. I decided to reinvent it and made a casserole. I am satisfied with the result. I love the heat of the pepper on my lips. Its a lingering reminder of how good it tasted.

Shrimp & Poblano Pepper Casserole

2 cups. Instant Brown Rice
2 lbs of cooked Shrimp (2 frozen bags, detailed)
16 oz. Refried Black Beans
Penzy Arizona Dreaming spice blend
8 oz Tomato puree (season with garlic, onion, chili powder cumin, salt and pepper to taste)
4 Poblano peppers cut into strips
2 cups of Shredded Mexican Cheese
Top it with Parmesan

1. Preheat oven to 375. Spray 9x13 pan with nonstick spray. Layer rice, then shrimp, season top of shrimp generously with Arizona dreaming spice.

2. Mix the tomato puree, spices to taste and dilute with water. Pour over shrimp. This will help cook up the rice. Layer on top of that the beans, the peppers.

3. Bake for45 min. Top with cheese bake and extra 7 mins.

Next time I make this I will put the peppers in the middle and top it with the beans and cheese so they get a little bit more soft. They were still semi soft and crisp with a nice bite!!! I topped my with Cholula..my favorite! :) You could in place of the tomato sauce buy prepared enchilada sauce. I think it would work wonderful! I will definitely be making a creamy based sourcream, green chili garlic cheese sauce to pour over top and bake. I can feel it..thats what it needs. Infused with some cumin and cilantro. Mmmmmm.

Please enjoy and try to think outside the box. If you like it and it sounds good in the tummy then throw it together and give it a whirl. You will be surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment